Monday, October 18, 2004

new newness.

monday normally brings the realisation that i have wasted another weekend of my life doing mundane housechores/diy etc. only this is not so today .. i spent the weekend watching my 2 offspring bond and develop their brotherly relationship. was rather special. and made me feel very content with the world for a few moments. so today i updated ireallylovemusic with words on the forthcoming depeche mode remix compilation. and listened to the new wendy james solo album - oops - sorry - racine no.1 album. it's not bad, made me think of joy zipper and big audio dynamite, in a strange way with the lo-fi underproduced aspect of it (a la late BAD albums), and the girl pop style of the songs (hence joy zipper). certainly a lot more fun than i ever expected. then when i played the new ep by two lone swordsmen, and, subsequently had a mad craving to hear proper stuf by shriekback (an obvious influence on andrew weatheralls latest sounds ..) and realised just how much i loved 'jam science' album. despite myself i keep finding myself spinning the forthcoming minilp by gravenhurst .. still cant put my finger on the reason as its not my usual type of music, but there is something in the moods and extra sonics that keep dragging me into this dark world. onwards mark e ireallylovemusic