Friday, June 09, 2006

thomas dolby : gig report : si schroeder : mp3

hell.o
after years of knocking on the door, i have at last been accepted.
a rather dramatic statement admittedly, but the acceptance of some of my words by online magazine playlouder was always one of my 'goals' when i set up ireallylovemusic all those years ago.
so when this :
went live earlier this week, my heart did a little jump for joy, despite that it blows the long held secret of my surname.
of course, it's been remixed a little, so at some point in the near future i will post the full phat version in the usual place.
 
i've always one for a little buttering up, so when someone gives me some kind words i cannot help be be swayed, and perhaps a little concerned.
so, without further ado, please check out this little nugget of noise by si schroeder, 'lavendermist : here
released via the irish label, trust me i'm a thief, the song is a wonderful slice of fuzzy guitar layers and lazy summer harmonies, which will please anyone who was somewhat disappointed with the last dandy warhols album.
dunno about you, but that's this weekends soundtrack sorted.
be careful out there - it's gonna be a scorcher.
mark e